Prevent Connecting Router ( Nat ) To A Switch

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sam176, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. sam176

    sam176

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    HI everybody

    well i did not test that yet ( i guess i should of tested it instead of submitting it here but maybe i do like to hear more thoughts about that from all of you)

    we all know that in IOS you can use port security maximum 1 / voilation ...etc
    i guess this is working well with preventing someone from connecting hub , another switch , or even an access point to a switch and allowing access to the newtwork (

    My question is will that still works if we somone connected a router to that switch and use the router NAT feature to allow aothers to access the network and bypassing the port security max

    and if he will be able ?
    Is There is a way to stop users from connecting a router ( use of NAT ) to any of the switch ports

    thank you all in advance

    sam176, Nov 22, 2006