    I'm addicted to mouse gestures (makes it very easy to close down
    accidentally) and have an ancient computer that takes eons to fire up
    Firefox again! Any help would be appreciated.

    B Broome, Oct 6, 2004

  2. I'll try to look into this some, though someone else may have more
    imemdiate insight. I don't really know, since, when I close the last
    tab, I want the program to close.

    I am sure you have your reasons, but, just out of curiouslty, what is
    the purpose in keeping the program open with no tab open?

    By the way, the cross post may not be appreciated in some of the
    developer groups you've posted tol

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 6, 2004

  3. B Broome

    scratch Guest

    What do you expect close to do if you don't have any other windows open?

    -scratch

    scratch, Oct 6, 2004
  4. B Broome

    Jay Catter Guest

    I wanted the same thing. I finally did it. I am not quite sure of the
    answer because I tried different things before I got it fixed, but I think
    "Blanklast" extension is the solution.

    Jay

    Jay Catter, Oct 6, 2004
  5. That's pretty much my questions as well, but everyone has their own
    needs. I am curious as to the reason though.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 6, 2004
  6. B Broome

    Jace Guest

    Have your tab bar close when there is only one tab open, that way the
    close button disappears...
    -jace

    Jace, Oct 6, 2004
  7. B Broome

    Steve IA Guest

    Is this what you need?
    Tab Browser Extension> Tab> TB Preferences> Close Tab> Advanced
    Behavior> Last Tab Closing> ..select action you want.

    Steve
    soutiowa

    Steve IA, Oct 7, 2004
  8. B Broome

    zeddock Guest

    I have used some of the TAB extension successfully.
    BlankLast is one of them. I hate it when I am trying to close off a
    bunch of tabs I have been using and I accidentally close the last one...
    Blip! All of a sudden I have to go through a routine of adding a new tab!

    Also, have the Extension warn you if you are going to close multiple
    tabs.<wink>

    -zeddock

    zeddock, Oct 7, 2004
  9. B Broome

    B Broome Guest

    Thanks for all your replies, BlankLast extension does the trick nicely!
    As for your questions:
    Mostly so it stays open and awaits my command. My computer is ancient
    and takes forever (I maybe somewhat impatient) to launch Firefox again. As
    for why do I leave it open with no tab, 1) I frequently accidently close
    everything when rapidly maneuvering with mouse gestures (I love them and
    won't give them up) 2) call it neat freakness, I just hate leaving open
    pages I'm not using. :)
    My apologies to anyone who might have been offended. I tried to limit
    the number of newsgroups to ones that this might pertain to. I also left
    out any pr0n in my posting. ;-)
    Nothing. Try it in Opera, Excel, Word, OpenOffice, etc. etc. No
    windows open, no action. The application just sits there and waits.
    Perhaps if you have a fast machine this makes no sense. In my world "close"
    closes the window/tab and "exit" closes the whole application.
    Tried that but Firefox keeps unchecking the option on me. I think
    either Single Window or BlankLast extension is interfering. Not a problem
    for me though.
    Since I'm using mouse gestures to do this I'm usually down to the last
    tab by this point. I rarely close all my tabs at once.

    Thanks again! I'm much happier with Firefox now!

    B Broome, Oct 7, 2004
  10. B Broome

    6e7a

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes, there is a solution!

    I got fed up as well, so I wrote an extension to do exactly what you want. I call it "Anti Oops". Right now it's in the "sandbox" area of the official add-ons site. If you create an account there you can turn on access to the sandbox and install the extension.

    Enjoy!

    6e7a, Jun 22, 2007