    the file info section is lost. Is there a way to preserve this info and have it
    carry over to the new JPG file, other than writing an 'action' and automating
    the cutting and pasting of captions? Thanks.

    Sb083459, Dec 24, 2003

  2. what software are you using?
    newer and or better software will keep the EXIF info

    chris

    Chris P in PA, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Sb083459

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: (Sb083459)
    Use the "Save As" option instead of "Save for Web" and the EXIF info will be
    preserved.

    Annika1980, Dec 25, 2003
  4. Sb083459

    Sb083459 Guest

    When I save a TIFF image as a JPG, the caption as well as everything else in
    For some reason, the 'save as' menu doesn't show the option of saving files as
    jpeg's, which is why I used 'save for web'.
    Is the save as jpeg option invalid for certain file types, such as tiff's?

    Sb083459, Dec 25, 2003
  5. Sb083459

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: (Sb083459)
    Ah, I see you are using 16-bit TIF files.
    You must first convert from 16-bit to 8-bit mode (Image/Mode/8-bit mode) to
    save as a .jpg file.
    This should solve your dilemma.

    Annika1980, Dec 26, 2003
  6. Sb083459