    There questions tend to be very specific and detailed, where in the
    material, it is more general.

    Anyone else have experience or agree with me on this?

    Guest, Sep 17, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've used Preplogic products for several exams, but for the Microsoft exams,
    you will want something that gives you exposure to the simulations as well.
    I know Transcender and Pass4Sure give you this exposure. I'm not sure about
    MeasureUp and SelfTest Software, but it would be worth some investigation. I
    used a Preplogic product for 291 and didn't do so well the first time. After
    that, I bought a Transcender product for that exam and found that more stuff
    was covered with that product than other practice exams I tried. The
    questions on the exam were very different (as they should be) from the
    practice exam, but the knowledge gained from studying my butt off along with
    the confidence gained by making sure I knew the information for the exam
    allowed me to pass the exam on the second attempt. Since then I've used
    Transcender products to ensure I'm ready to sit an exam and have passed every
    exam since (so far) on the first attempt.

    Preplogic, IMHO, has some very good products for CompTIA exams, but you'll
    want something more "true to life" (without being a braindump of course!) for
    the Microsoft exams.

    Hope that helps!

    Guest, Sep 19, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That helps a little. I don't mind the preplogic exams being hard, just
    bothers me I paid for there MCSE series and wish they would go into more
    detail.

    For the things I don't know on the exams, it helps me focus on my weak areas
    and read up on some things on technet.

    I was considering buying a MSPress book for the 291 to go with the CD
    materials. Once I take the 290 I will actually know the format of the exams
    and it should help for future exams. I do have a lot of hands on experience
    and have a lab at home with virtual pc which helps.

    I think I'm just very nervous for whatever reason. I set up a domain for my
    company, I should be good with everything, but it's the unknown of the test
    and questions which gets me worried.

    Guest, Sep 19, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Yeah, I understand you your concern. Another thing that others suggested to
    me were using the CBT Nuggets products. From what I've seen of the CCNA
    series, they look dorky, but they are definitely intense. If you know anyone
    who will let you borrow one or if you want to download one of their free
    modules to check it out, it may be worth your time.

    Each exam is definitely different and you may experience differences between
    the different exams. I've been sitting for the MCSE exams every 2 to 3 weeks
    for the last couple months (only 3 more left til MCSE /w Security! 270, 290,
    291, 293, and 294 down) and I've found the variety of stuff that is tested
    very interesting. Some has had to do with my job, some has had no practical
    application to the organization I support, but it is all definitely important
    if you need to interoperate with partner organizations or work in a worldwide
    company. The practice exam material has really helped make sure I know the
    material, but working in IT for a long time has helped too.

    Nervousness is not a reason to avoid taking an exam. The only time you know
    you're ready to sit an exam is when you actuall do and sigh with relief that
    you passed and go on to the next one. (My version of a pep talk...sorry to
    be so direct). The absolute worst thing that can happen is that you fail the
    exam, so it's not a big deal..especially when you register for the Second
    Shot promotion - that way IF you fail, it won't cost you any additional cash
    for the second attempt. That should give you at least some peace of mind.
    Now get out there and take the exam! :)

    Guest, Sep 20, 2007