    Only thing I haven't yet tried is a 8wk old backup.

    There must be something in the registry that causes this,
    but what?

    Rick M, Feb 3, 2008

  2. Rick M

    meerkat Guest

    ..
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

    meerkat, Feb 3, 2008

  3. Rick M

    richard Guest

    leftovers from poorly written uninstall programs. Download the cleanup
    utility as was posted before and it should fix the problem.

    richard, Feb 3, 2008
  4. Rick M

    7 Guest

    Try Open Office alternative. Its free to copy and comes
    with source code.

    http://www.openoffice.org

    You might also try it in livecd form without
    having to install.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

    LiveCDs like knoppix, ubuntu, mepis carry the open office.
    All these CDs are open source, free to copy and install
    and comes with source code if you need to modify.

    7, Feb 3, 2008
  5. Rick M

    Rick M Guest

    Rick M, Feb 4, 2008