    Thank you for answer,
    Regards,
    Leszek

    Leszek, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Leszek

    Cerebrus Guest

    The existing exams are the same, they are still structured on the basis
    of .NET 1.0/1.1. There is an entirely new set of exams targeted towards
    ..NET 2.0. See the MS Learning site.

    Note that I do not use the term VS 2003 or 2005, since those are simply
    the IDE's for development on respective .NET versions.

    The date of publishing of the book doesn't matter, if you get the book
    for the .NET Framework version you're currently preparing for.

    Cerebrus, Aug 28, 2006

  3. September 1, 2006

    Hey Leszek.... it does make a big difference on which books you get for the
    exams... for each exam (there are seperate exams for VS 03 and VS 05), there
    is a Microsoft Training Kit which you are talking about..... these TKs take
    some time before they are actually published for new exams.

    You can check out the list of currently scheduled for release books at
    (which also lists some of those recently released):
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/hop/

    If you scroll down to the IT Professional category of books, you will see 3
    books scheduled for release on December 13th for 3 of the MCPD exams.... the
    MCTS developer books have already been released (at least most of them that
    I know of) and can be found in the huge complete list of MS Press books at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/findabook/list/title.asp

    ..... Generally for TKs, look under the alphabetical list for the
    certification abbreviation... and you will find the books for those
    exams.... so if you scroll to "MCTS", you'll find those developer books. :)

    Hope this helps and good luck! (Let me know if you have more questions...)
    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Web Site/Blog: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/