Practice Exams Experience

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Guest, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello Everyone!

    I'm beginning my journey into becoming an MCSD and would like to get advice
    from everyone which practice exam software(like transcender) and books worked
    best for you to assist you in passing the MCSD exams(I know that knowledge
    and particularly, experience, is very important to pass these tests).

    I know I could do my own research and find these practice exams and books.
    But I wanted everyone's opinion regardless of experience and learning style.

    I'm already an MCP in MS Access 97 Database Design and Development(yea,yea
    its old) and have used transcender in the past, which worked great for me.
    But that was years ago. I don't know which practice exam software and books
    to get now.

    Again, I can do my own research on the books, but just because a book says
    it can help you on an exam in the front cover doesn't mean that the subject
    matter is clearly explained(i got a book from microsoft press on c# and
    ado.net which, sorry to say, SUCKED BIG TIME and wasted $49.99).

    So on that note, if you could please share your experience with a particular
    book and practice exam for the each core test, I would be greatly
    appreciative.

    Thanks!

    Guest, Sep 26, 2006

  2. Guest

    Satish Kumar Guest

    How many papers in MCP? Can u pls tell me?

    Regards
    Satish Kumar (From India)

    Satish Kumar, Sep 28, 2006

  3. Guest

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    For an MCP there are probably 1,500 to 2,500 depending
    upon books, the course, and if you print out any
    LEGITIMATE practice tests. That's a at least a
    tree's worth right there.

    Lnkwizard2, Sep 28, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How many papers in MCP? Can u pls tell me?
    Oh great another one.....

    Guest, Sep 28, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hahaha....dude, didn't we tell you?!...they're everywhere. Why do you think
    MCNGP was started?

    Guest, Sep 28, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I can't wait til they chop down the 200 year old Oak tree in my back yard
    next week for the Vista exams. Whewwww.....that's gonna be alot of papers.

    Guest, Sep 28, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How many papers in MCP? Can u pls tell me?
    Surely these people are just having laugh, aren't they? I mean surely there
    can't be that many stupid people in world, can there :)

    Guest, Sep 28, 2006
  8. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    Oww ! Don't tell me ! I'll miss the times we used to climb that ol'
    Oak. And to think of what's gonna happen to it... relegated to being
    "just another MCP paper".

    Cerebrus, Sep 28, 2006
  9. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    Like I'm tellin' ya.... you ain't seen nothin' yet.

    Cerebrus, Sep 28, 2006
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    'ehm', 'see', 'pee'.... i don't see any papers in MCP

    i think i'm gonna go through some trial and error.... ;=P

    Guest, Sep 28, 2006
  11. Guest

    Guest Guest

    well.... look who's leading the united states..........................

    Guest, Sep 28, 2006
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    We'll just have to climb the pile of papers that are produced from that old
    oak tree.

    Guest, Sep 29, 2006
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Some are, most aren't.
    Hahaha....stick around.

    Guest, Sep 29, 2006
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ye Ghods.....another great politician in our midst. Please, tell us how you
    would have done so much better. We're all interested, really.

    Guest, Sep 29, 2006
  15. Guest

    Guest Guest

    which legitimate practice tests worked for you lnkwiz?

    Guest, Sep 29, 2006
  16. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I recently stumbled across this site which has free online MCAD and MCSD
    practice exams.

    They're all exam cram style but 100% free and great for topping up your
    knowledge or quick fire question pratice. I'd give them a try before the
    website starts charging for these..

    <A HREF="http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/aiMExamsChoose.aspx"> Free online
    MCAD and MCSD practice exams</A>

    Regards
    Dave

    Guest, Oct 4, 2006
  17. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    A funny site, this. While they're legit in what they're doing, they're
    doing it incompetently. Just tried my hand at the 70-306 test. I scored
    100%, but it tells me that I should practice more to achieve atleast
    75% !

    Cerebrus, Oct 6, 2006