PPTP clients connecting to PIX VPN host

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bensonlei, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. bensonlei

    bensonlei Guest

    Hi, all,

    I have a problem:

    In the past, we used PPTP clients of Windows XP to connect to the Cisco
    PIX as the PPTP server for establishing a VPN tunnel, this worked fine
    since the PIX had a public IP for the PIX.

    But recently, we have re-config the network topology, so that a Router
    has been placed in front of the PIX to the internet as the following
    diagram:

    Past: Internet ------ PIX ----- Company LAN
    Now: Internet ------ ( Router---PIX ) ---- Company LAN

    So that the internet Router has a public IP and the PIX has only
    private IP which causes the Internet users can not find the PIX.

    Any suggestion or advice ?

    bensonlei, Jan 10, 2007