    to powersupply, 4 connector pins?? I used the old one.. Thing works
    good, house has not burned down!
    Than ks

    KOS, Jul 31, 2010

  2. KOS

    Paul Guest

    So far, sounds like a happy ending :)

    The four pin connector on motherboards, is typically the ATX12V 2x2, with two
    yellow wires and two black wires. That connector was added around the
    time that Intel introduced the Pentium 4 processor. An onboard Vcore
    switching regulator, converts the 12V into 1.5V (for a P4) or less
    voltage, for operating the processor. That is what it would be for.

    http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/12v4pin.jpg

    If a person has a really old power supply, they can get an adapter cable,
    to go from a couple Molex to the 2x2 square connector. This particular one,
    has only one Molex 1x4 to draw power from (connector on the right), and
    I wouldn't use this if the processor draws a major amount of power.

    http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/12v4pinadapter.jpg

    So I don't know if that is the kind of cable you're referencing or not.
    If you need pictures to aid in the description, you can use photos
    linked from this page.

    http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 31, 2010

  3. KOS

    KOS Guest

    yup, its the 4 pin atx -not the black one,, you have a photo there
    http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#atx12v4

    the power supply cost me 70 bucks, better than paying 900+ for a new
    system. thanks again for your help w/this matter

    KOS, Aug 1, 2010