    I surf all day and download fairly sizeable files, but 6 times I have done
    the above and 6 times it was the same.
    Hmm!

    Champagne Charlie, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Champagne Charlie

    SLP Guest

    Well, it's obviously an attempt by an intelligent alien life form to contact
    you via your PSU fan.

    I think you should email NASA about it immediately.

    SLP

    SLP, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Champagne Charlie

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Champagne Charlie said:
    Yes, your fan can rev up, you might like to read your systems manual.
    My CPU fan speeds up and slows down quite often, and I don't worry about it, as
    it only does it when the system is under load.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Na! If they were intelligent, they wouldn't be able to communicate with 'my'
    PC.
    It's a Packard Bell! It has problems understanding XP!
    ;o)
    C.C.

    Champagne Charlie, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Champagne Charlie

    Kráftéé Guest

    That's a problem ;-?

    Kráftéé, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Mine's does it too, but not like this! It roars and blasts air from it's
    arse like no PC I've ever heard.
    I've ran it into the ground and it never reacted like this, but I make sure
    I have nowt open except IE and sure enough, every time I go into the site
    and go through the motions mentioned, it sounds like it's ready to take off!
    There's no way I would trust it as it is rising in speed....'manacingly! (Is
    that how you spell it?) :)
    I have to reboot to get back to it's 'normal' speed. The noise is deafening
    when it does it and I have a very expensive low-noise PSU in the chassis
    too. I bought it about 6 months ago after the bog-standard one packed in.

    I'm beginning to wonder about that Martian comms attempt! lol.

    C.C.

    Champagne Charlie, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Champagne Charlie, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Bet mine's louder. 4.5-inch (120mm) fan on side of case, moving a *lot*
    of air. :)

    In addition to front case fan and two PS fans -- but it's the blowhole fan
    that one hears.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 9, 2004