    Hung

    PS: The Acer desktop is powered on by a soft switch (altough it uses the
    AT connectors)

    Hung, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Hung

    philo Guest

    unless you need to use that addl connector
    you should be able to use any AT power supply of equal are greater ratings

    to use an ATX supply...i know adaptors are avail

    philo, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Hung

    Hung Guest

    Thanks, I have tried an ordinary AT power supply (250W). It does not
    work. I believed the additional 3 cable plug provides standby current
    for the soft power switch. So I am thinking there could be some ways to
    modify an ATX power supply?

    Hung

    Hung, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Hung

    philo Guest

    did that additional cable plug into the motherboard itself???
    there might be a jumper setting on the motherboard to bypass the "soft
    power"
    switch...
    for example, if the small connector plugs into the motherboard, it might
    be as simple as just jumpering two of the pins together...
    but *do not* try it until you can get some documentation!

    philo, Oct 12, 2003