Power Requirement for Wireless Networking

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1bmtpbnM=?=, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. My wireless internet access does not work when I am running on battery power,
    however, it does work when I'm using the power supply. I have a new Dell
    Inspiron 6000 with XP and Centrino. Why is this? Is there something I can
    adjust so that it will work under battery power? What's the point of having
    a notebook computer if you have to use the power cord?
     
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1bmtpbnM=?=, Oct 10, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1bmtpbnM=?=

    Quaoar Guest

    Chunkins wrote:
    > My wireless internet access does not work when I am running on
    > battery power, however, it does work when I'm using the power supply.
    > I have a new Dell Inspiron 6000 with XP and Centrino. Why is this?
    > Is there something I can adjust so that it will work under battery
    > power? What's the point of having a notebook computer if you have to
    > use the power cord?


    Turn off power save mode in the wireless card properties.

    Q
     
    Quaoar, Oct 10, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Thanks. I had to turn it up to high.

    Now, how do I keep the screen from dimming when I unplug the power?

    "Quaoar" wrote:

    > Chunkins wrote:
    > > My wireless internet access does not work when I am running on
    > > battery power, however, it does work when I'm using the power supply.
    > > I have a new Dell Inspiron 6000 with XP and Centrino. Why is this?
    > > Is there something I can adjust so that it will work under battery
    > > power? What's the point of having a notebook computer if you have to
    > > use the power cord?

    >
    > Turn off power save mode in the wireless card properties.
    >
    > Q
    >
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1bmtpbnM=?=, Oct 10, 2005
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1bmtpbnM=?=

    FedUp Guest

    On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 19:10:02 -0700, Chunkins wrote:

    > Thanks. I had to turn it up to high.
    >
    > Now, how do I keep the screen from dimming when I unplug the power?
    >

    Look for your power settings and change the battery profile to not dim the
    display.
     
    FedUp, Oct 10, 2005
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    503
    Sudar
    May 5, 2005
  2. =?Utf-8?B?c29sYUBsb3Zl?=

    Requirement (s) for MCSE Exams.

    =?Utf-8?B?c29sYUBsb3Zl?=, Jan 24, 2006, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    65
    Views:
    1,883
    Mike T.
    Jan 26, 2006
  3. Andy
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,380
  4. dominix
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    722
    dominix
    Feb 6, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FydGVy?=

    Requirement for XP Professional x64 trial software

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FydGVy?=, Feb 16, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    710
    John Barnes
    Feb 21, 2006
  6. sam

    requirement for the post of IT Engineer

    sam, Sep 25, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    488
    VanguardLH
    Sep 25, 2007
  7. Scruffy

    Assessment requirement for Action Pack Subscribers

    Scruffy, Jan 3, 2008, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    603
    Lawrence Garvin
    Jan 5, 2008
  8. Rachana

    What is minimum hardware requirement for VS2008?

    Rachana, Jan 8, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    2,128
Loading...