power cycling

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by beenthere, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. beenthere

    beenthere Guest

    From: <>
    Subject: Power Cycling, Rebooting Problem - - Power Supply????
    Date: 21 November 2006 18:05

    I've got an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe that has recently run into a problem
    where it will not power off. It just sticks in a constant cycle of
    repowering, even before any of the post information is visible. The
    only way to turn it off is to turn off the power supply at the rear of
    the machine. Could this be a power supply failing.
    Any input is much appreciated.
    Thanks.Seems doubtful. Suggest you go view your Event Viewer to
    see if you have any Apps, or System errors.
    Also, restart your machine in `Safe Mode`, (F8) then see if it will
    shut down normally.
    Come back then.
    HTH.

    beenthere, Nov 21, 2006