    the machine. Could this be a power supply failing.
    Any input is much appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Guest, Nov 21, 2006

  2. Guest

    jconley Guest

    Anyway to try another power supply? Thats what I would do first off.

    jconley, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    w_tom Guest

    Only way to answer that question is to start by measuring power and
    signal wire voltages between power supply and power supply controller.
    First 3.5 digit multimeter measurement is on purple wire from power
    supply to motherboard. This voltage must be more than 4.87 volts.
    Next is to monitor green and gray wires. As green goes below 0.8
    volts, then gray should rise up above 2.4 volts within seconds. Again,
    the numbers would tell us more.

    Also important information is voltage across power switch (or where
    it connects to motherboard). This voltage should remain well above 2.4
    volts.

    Numbers will provide sufficient information so that responders can
    either identify the problem or begin isolating the problem down to a
    single suspect. Currently a list of suspects for your problem is long.

    w_tom, Nov 22, 2006