    Thankyou,
    Lisa

    *Disability is the outcome of social arrangements and practices*

    Lisa Taylor, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Lisa Taylor

    Trent C Guest

    Go to the Control Panel and install a UK keyboard - from what you say it
    sounds as though the system thinks you have a US one installed.

    Trent C, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Lisa Taylor

    Yddap Guest

    In
    set up " Languages " in Control Panel
    Yddap

    Yddap, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Lisa Taylor

    Alien Zord Guest

    Control panel > Regional and Language Options and change every setting that
    says United States to United Kingdom.

    Alien Zord, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Lisa Taylor

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    Thank you for the replies.
    I have done the above and it says it is already set to the English (United
    Kingdom). I went to customise and it all looks very much beyond me!
    What can I try now?

    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, Feb 24, 2004
  6. On your normal Windows toolbar, you wouldn't have a little icon with "EN" in
    it?

    Lisa Taylor wrote:
    :: ::: :::: I am in the UK, OS is XP.
    :::: I have never been able to get the pound sign on my computer. I
    :::: have just bought a new UK Belkin wireless keyboard and that does
    :::: not give me pound signs either! The symbol is on the keyboard, but
    :::: when I press it, I get a hash sign. The hash sign gives me a
    :::: slanted line - what am I doing wrong?
    ::::
    ::: Control panel > Regional and Language Options and change every
    ::: setting that says United States to United Kingdom.
    :::
    :: Thank you for the replies.
    :: I have done the above and it says it is already set to the English
    :: (United Kingdom). I went to customise and it all looks very much
    :: beyond me!
    :: What can I try now?
    ::
    :: Lisa

    eric the seal, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Lisa Taylor

    joevan Guest

    ####### # #
    I get railroad tracks if I don't hit the space bar.
    joevan

    joevan, Feb 24, 2004
  8. Lisa Taylor

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    No, I don't. I bought the computer in the USA (HP Pavilion 531W)

    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, Feb 24, 2004
  9. Lisa Taylor

    Alien Zord Guest

    Language tab, Details button, Default input language select English (United
    Kingdom), click Apply, in Installed devices, Keyboard does it show United
    Kingdom? If yes and it also shows United States click United States and
    click Remove. If not then Add it and remove United States.

    Alien Zord, Feb 24, 2004
  10. Lisa Taylor

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    YES! £££££££££
    Thank you SO much!

    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, Feb 24, 2004
  11. Lisa Taylor

    Alien Zord Guest

    YW

    Alien Zord, Feb 24, 2004
  12. Lisa Taylor

    John Holmes Guest

    joevan came up with this:
    LOL

    John Holmes, Feb 24, 2004
  13. Lisa Taylor

    Brian H¹© Guest

    I'm not paranoid, I *know* I'm being watched.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 24, 2004
  14. Lisa Taylor

    malcwilkes Guest

    Hold down ' Alt ' key, then hit 0163 on the right hand side of the
    keyboard..........the £ sign should pop up !

    malcwilkes, Mar 4, 2004
  15. Lisa Taylor

    Bob B Guest

    thats very clever !!!!.....not that I need it BB

    Bob B, Mar 5, 2004