Potentially funny...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slylittlei, May 25, 2004.

  1. slylittlei

    slylittlei Guest

    One day a curious little boy asked his father what the difference was
    between 'potentially' and 'realistically'.
    His father thought for a moment and then said: "To learn the difference,
    you must first go to your mother and ask her whether she would sleep with
    Richard Gere for £1 million. Then go and ask your older sister whether she
    would sleep with Brad Pitt for £1 million. Think about the answers, and then
    tell me what you have found."
    So the little boy went to his mother and ask "Mummy, would you sleep with
    Richard Gere for £1 million?"
    Without hesitation his mother replied "Well, yes dear. As much as I love
    your father, I'd be mad to pass up an opportunity like that!"
    The little boy went upstairs to his older sister and asked "Chardonnay,
    would you sleep with Brad Pitt for £1 million?"
    "Well, like, of course!!" replied the sister. "I'd have to be, like, stupid
    not to, like, take an offer like that. Like."
    So the little boy went away to think about the answers he had got, and then
    later that day went back to his father.
    "So, Jimmy, did you learn the difference between potentially and
    realistically?" asked his father.
    "Yes," said little Jimmy.
    "Potentially, we're sitting on £2 million, but realistically we're living
    with a couple of slappers".

    slylittlei, May 25, 2004

  2. slylittlei

    c.reifert Guest

    "slylittlei" <> wrote in message
    > One day a curious little boy asked his father what the difference was
    > between 'potentially' and 'realistically'.
    > His father thought for a moment and then said: "To learn the difference,
    > you must first go to your mother and ask her whether she would sleep with
    > Richard Gere for £1 million. Then go and ask your older sister whether she
    > would sleep with Brad Pitt for £1 million. Think about the answers, and

    then
    > tell me what you have found."
    > So the little boy went to his mother and ask "Mummy, would you sleep with
    > Richard Gere for £1 million?"
    > Without hesitation his mother replied "Well, yes dear. As much as I love
    > your father, I'd be mad to pass up an opportunity like that!"
    > The little boy went upstairs to his older sister and asked "Chardonnay,
    > would you sleep with Brad Pitt for £1 million?"
    > "Well, like, of course!!" replied the sister. "I'd have to be, like,

    stupid
    > not to, like, take an offer like that. Like."
    > So the little boy went away to think about the answers he had got, and

    then
    > later that day went back to his father.
    > "So, Jimmy, did you learn the difference between potentially and
    > realistically?" asked his father.
    > "Yes," said little Jimmy.
    > "Potentially, we're sitting on £2 million, but realistically we're living
    > with a couple of slappers".

    What are slappers?

    c.reifert, May 25, 2004

  3. slylittlei