Posted new tutorial: Managing and organizing your computer hard drive space and files

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kenny, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. kenny

    kenny Guest

    kenny, Jan 1, 2006

  2. Dude, a couple of points. Your post smacks of spam. Your tinyurl is only
    3 letters shorter than the original URL. And I've tried and can't open
    the .pdf file. Other than that, you're doing great.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 1, 2006

  3. kenny

    kenny Guest

    Thanks for your input, since you had problems I checked again.

    Tiny url link checked>> and it works

    PDF file downloaded again and checked>> and it works

    Spam complain>> I am not spamming.

    See if you can download again and open the pdf...

    thanks

    Kenny

    kenny, Jan 1, 2006

  4. Dude, the two above links are different. The tinyurl is to the file
    itself:
    <http://www.computerboom.com/downloa...e_space_and_files-(www.computerboom.com)-.zip>
    [which I admit is juuuust a bit long. <g> Kenny, if that's yours,
    shorten the filename to something like "organizing.pdf" or similar.]

    Doesn't look spammy to me.

    The .pdf opens fine for me in FoxItReader. I glanced at it, but have no
    further comments about the tutorial, other than it looks like basic
    stuff.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 1, 2006
  5. kenny

    kenny Guest

    kenny, Jan 1, 2006
  6. kenny

    kenny Guest

    It would be easy to make the file name smaller...

    However imagine this scenario...

    You download the file... time passes... more time passes...
    You forget what organizing.PDF was all about... then you have to open it
    again to see what it was..
    If you remember you saw a tutorial some time ago.. but you cant remember its
    file name searching on your hard disk for keywords you remember does not
    give a result. By having more keywords its easier to find.

    Because hard drives are getting bigger and bigger I think that this is an
    easy solution.

    Anyway this is just a test...

    thanks for your input, I will be needing help in the near future so
    everything you people say is important..

    Thanks again

    Kenny

    kenny, Jan 1, 2006