Possibly Migrate To Fibre

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by Ian Prideaux, Sep 21, 2014.

  1. Ian Prideaux

    Ian Prideaux Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm considering moving to PlusNet 76Mb FTTC.

    Currently I've got adsl2+, but it's a bit odd i.e.
    When I moved into the property, I bought Tiscali. At the time they
    didn't have their own equipment in the exchange, they just resold BT.
    Tiscali got bought by TalkTalk. Despite the TalkTalk sales people, I've
    always refused to move the TalkTalk's own exchange equipment.

    The availability checkers say that I should get >65Mb down, >17Mb up.

    I'm thinking about moving to PlusNet.
    Do I need a MAC code?
    How long will I be offline?
    I'll move the phone number as well, how long will the phone be disconnected?
    Does anyone who is currently using PlusNet notice their traffic management?

    Any other experiences/comments?

    Thanks.

    Ian Prideaux, Sep 21, 2014

  2. All the packages, tariffs and current deals are at:
    http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/
    Probably best to ask your questions direct to Plusnet. You can do this
    online at:
    http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ or ring them direct on 0800
    432 0200.
    With regard to the traffic management, I've not noticed any problems.
    (I can't get fibre but I'm on their Unlimited Anytime tariff).

    George

    George Weston, Sep 21, 2014

  3. I've just ordered fibre fom Plusnet.

    Yes you need a MAC when you order.

    Off line - man coming Thursday PM and should leave with working BB,
    but the free router has not yet arrived.

    Phone will be switched after BB instal, about 3 weeks later they
    advise me.

    HTH

    brightside S9, Sep 22, 2014
  4. That suggests both your voice and data are still provisioned on BT
    Wholesale's network.
    For a small duration of time on the day the engineer arrives to install
    the service. Nothing I suspect would inconvenience you too significantly.
    Assuming you are provisioned on BT Wholesale's network, then for a
    negligible period of time (if at all).
    Nope, not in a bad way.
    I'll leave that to others.

    Plusnet Support Team, Sep 22, 2014
  5. Ian Prideaux

    chris Guest

    I concur.
    I'm not on fibre, but couldn't be happier with plusnet.

    chris, Sep 25, 2014
  6. Ian Prideaux

    Dave Preston Guest

    Ian Prideaux formulated on Sunday :
    I don't know about the other stuff but the whole idea of a MAC is to
    avoid lengthy downtimes in service. WITH a MAC, your downtime should be
    negligible, ie, less than an hour. WITHOUT a MAC, your service has to
    be ceased then reprovided and could take two weeks or more.

    Dave Preston, Sep 29, 2014
  7. Ian Prideaux

    Ian Prideaux Guest

    Thanks to all who replied.

    I've placed my order, the engineer's booked for Monday 13th.

    Ian Prideaux, Oct 3, 2014