    Ray Fischer Guest

    Except that one OS is 64-bit and the other is 32-bit.
    Bullshitting isn't evidence.

    Ray Fischer, May 31, 2011

  2. bob

    nospam Guest

    except it's the same os, and it runs both 32 and 64 bit apps the same
    time.
    i know what i and others have seen and your telling me otherwise is
    bullshit.

    nospam, May 31, 2011

  3. Of course. But there is some breakeven point of RAM in a given machine
    where 32 bit will run a bit better than 64. You are well above such a
    point, and I suspect said point is now..................

    pointless.

    John McWilliams, Jun 1, 2011
  4. bob

    Ray Fischer Guest

    The fact that one is a 64-bit OS and the other is 32-bit proves that
    you're full of shit when you claim that they're the same.
    No, you know what you believe. That's something completely different.

    Ray Fischer, Jun 1, 2011
  5. bob

    nospam Guest

    no, it proves that you're full of shit.

    there is no one or the other, there is just one operating system in
    this case, and it's both 32 & 64 bit.

    mac os x is a *single* operating system on which 32 bit apps and 64 bit
    apps can run, at the same time and side by side.

    many applications contain both 32 & 64 bit binaries in case the user
    has an older 32 bit mac (still the same os), but some recent apps are
    already dropping 32 bit support, as they should. regarding photoshop, a
    user might also want to launch it in 32 bit mode to use older 32 bit
    plug-ins, or to benchmark it for stupid discussions such as this.

    nospam, Jun 1, 2011
  6. bob

    John Turco Guest

    I was simply kidding, man.
    Once again -- a little joke of mine.
    Both are in my possession.
    Nope, I've never been a PC gamer. (Does chess qualify?)
    It's not for everybody, but, then...>what< is? "Savageduck" seems to
    have plenty of time and the necessary skills, though.

    John Turco, Jun 30, 2011
  7. bob

    J. Clarke Guest

    Try <http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/23/toughbook-tiger-elephant-
    technology-personal-test.html?partner=yahoobuzz> with your crapbook.

    J. Clarke, Jul 3, 2011