    I want to disable the onboard sound on my motherboard and install my own
    soundcard. Is there a way to do this? I dual boot Win98SE and XP.
    Thanks

    Rclrk43, Dec 10, 2004

  2. Rclrk43

    Rv! Guest

    Uually very easy in the BIOS. Which exact type of motherboard?
    Rv!

    Rv!, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Rclrk43

    The One Guest

    Or do it from Device manager in system

    The One, Dec 10, 2004
  4. Rclrk43

    Rclrk43 Guest

    Uually very easy in the BIOS. Which exact type of motherboard?
    The motherbord is a Chaintech V915p, Intel 915P, Socket 775, ATX MBW/Audio

    Rclrk43, Dec 10, 2004
  5. Rclrk43

    Rv! Guest

    http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?PISNo=307

    The manual is meant to be available from that page but doesn't work for me,
    same for a lot of the other links for it. Pretty crazy of Chaintech. I would
    imagine the details are in the manual in the BIOS section, but since I cannot
    get to the manual... Check in Integrated Peripherals or similar since it's an
    Award BIOS.

    Rv!

    Rv!, Dec 11, 2004
  6. Rclrk43

    The One Guest

    I just installed a new soundcard, to disable the onboard sound go into
    system and device manager select your onboard sound whatever it is, and
    disable it, if your souncard is installed correctly it will pick up on your
    next reboot.

    The One, Dec 11, 2004