    the best colour for a background to bring out the red highlights of her hair
    and one that will be harmonious with her skin colouring?

    regards

    Don, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Don

    SVTKate Guest

    Being a strawberry blonde myself,
    I recommend blue or a soft grey green.

    Kate

    : Folks
    :
    : am about to purchase some background muslin in various prints etc. Have a
    : client who is a red head with fair skin and freckles. What is your view
    on
    : the best colour for a background to bring out the red highlights of her
    hair
    : and one that will be harmonious with her skin colouring?
    :
    : regards
    :
    :
    : --
    : Don From Down Under
    :
    :

    SVTKate, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Don

    Bigguy Guest

    Very dark green... ?

    Guy

    Bigguy, Jul 16, 2005
  4. The answer is...the opposite of red.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 16, 2005
  5. Remember, in portraiture, the subject is paramount, the background should
    be... well... in the background, secondary, tertiary. It should
    complement the subject and the lighting, contribute to the overall "look"
    and "theme" of the shot, but, for the most part, be unnoticed. Without
    knowing what type of lighting (hi-key, low-key, short, broad, butterfly,
    Rembrandt, etc.) you'll be using, what the subject will be wearing,
    whether it's a man or woman or child, what esthetic effect you might be
    trying to achieve, etc., any recommendation for color or type of
    background would really be useless, and most likely, detrimental to the
    overall photographic effect you're trying to achieve.

    Stefan

    stefan patric, Jul 16, 2005
  6. Don

    Don Guest

    Stefan

    thanks for your comments. Unfortunately I am financially locked into only
    being able to purchase one or two options that I need to make work for a
    range of situations including some of the lighting you discussed. The
    consensus appears to be to go for a blue/green.

    regards

    Don

    Don, Jul 17, 2005