    ntl) numbers? I'm desperate to port two single-line PSTN sites over to
    VoIP, but have found noone with a porting agreement in place.

    Cheers.

    John McGarrigle, Aug 21, 2007

  2. this is because VM are a PITA.

    However, we understand that Gamma, a wholesaler we and a few other voip
    providers use, has signed one and is now dealing with the minor details,
    so it may be able to port them in Sept/Oct time.

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Aug 21, 2007

  3. Excellent news!

    I look forward to the big announcement.. (i'm already a Gradwell
    customer so this suits me *perfectly*).

    Cheers Peter!

    John McGarrigle, Aug 22, 2007
  4. quote from the "inside"

    "Nothing in writing yet, guestimates are end of Sept at the moment,
    they're still ironing out the process and provisioning on both sides
    apparently. "

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Aug 22, 2007
  5. John McGarrigle

    alexd Guest

    The cynic in me presumes this is so that they can get everyone onto
    contracts that specify ceasing of the broadband if the relevant number is
    ported. [I ordered cable broadband for the office about a year ago from
    NTL:Telewest Business (what a name). We already have a PRI, so I asked how
    much it would cost without an analogue line, and the sales droid said 90
    quid a month. Needless to say we accepted the analogue line along with
    broadband for 47 quid a month. I did actually ring back to speak to a
    different droid just in case the first one was very confused. We're yet to
    plug anything into the analogue line].

    alexd, Aug 22, 2007