    an ATA line open with Viatalk or not.

    FWIW ... I originally ported my number into Viatalk; the number is not a
    Viatalk originated number, but rather, it was originated by QWest.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Jan 28, 2008

  2. BTW ... I would ask Viatalk, but it takes months for them to get back to you
    when you post a ticket and I am not going to wait on hold forever to get the
    answer. So, I am just hoping that somebody here might have had this
    experience and could report back.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Jan 28, 2008

  3. In spite of the lack of replies, I thought it worth following up anyway. It
    doesn't appear I will be porting from Viatalk anytime soon. While I have had
    some issues with Viatalk, my success rate with other providers has been hit or
    miss. Concentric is rated highly and yet voice is very choppy (even using
    g.729a) during the Internet "happy hour". It seems they don't have enough
    servers and provisioning to set me up with the best route. So far, the same
    goes for Voicepulse. I have them for a month, and so far, they have
    completely taken over my ATA (PAP2T-NA), downgraded the firmware and left me
    with voice even worse than Callcentric duing the same time period. Late
    evening through this morning has been fine. Oddly, chosing a higher
    compression codec with Voicepulse resulting in WORSE quality, not better. The
    same adapter works well with Viatalk [and my manual provisioning].

    So far, I guess I can deal with the occassional echo and odd probem with
    Viatalk [like the dial out problems they had last month or short outage].

    Vonage worked well for me also, but lacked features and didn't have any better
    quality than Viatalk [other than they suffer fewer outages].

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Jan 29, 2008