    Will it be possible for me to get BT to port a number onto a voip provider ?

    Thanks in advance
    John

    John Owens, Sep 13, 2005

  2. John Owens

    Paul Cupis Guest

    It works the other way around - you'll have to find a VoIP provider
    (willing) to port the numbers from BT.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 13, 2005

  3. It depends on the area code you're in.

    We can port numbers from 020 and a couple of others. but it is hard work!

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Sep 14, 2005
  4. John Owens

    John Owens Guest

    Hi Peter

    I'm in 01509.
    I have some 'local network' problems to resolve as well, which you and team
    had been helping me to resolve. My question was in anticipation of sorting
    those problems, or just abandoning the local community network and signing
    up for an adsl service that isn't blocking VOIP.

    John

    John Owens, Sep 15, 2005
  5. John Owens

    PhilT Guest

    <My question was in anticipation of sorting
    those problems, or just abandoning the local community network and
    signing
    up for an adsl service that isn't blocking VOIP. >

    you didn't get that resolved then ?

    FWIW we plugged all manner of VoIP stuff into the swbb.net mesh network
    and it Just Worked ™

    Phil

    PhilT, Sep 17, 2005
  6. John Owens

    John Owens Guest

    <My question was in anticipation of sorting
    those problems, or just abandoning the local community network and
    signing
    up for an adsl service that isn't blocking VOIP. >

    you didn't get that resolved then ?

    FWIW we plugged all manner of VoIP stuff into the swbb.net mesh network
    and it Just Worked T

    Phil

    Hi Phil

    I did talk to Tom but it needed some work on our network (beyond my powers
    !). None of our tech team have had time to do the work or even talk to Tom.
    John

    John Owens, Sep 17, 2005