    I am planning on moving abroad, but I would really like to keep my
    mobile phone number. Are there any voip providers that will let me port
    a mobile number to them?

    Chris Hills, Oct 13, 2007

  2. Chris Hills

    TheFug Guest

    Chris Hills schreef:
    Yep, VoipCheap.com, and VoipBuster,will surely do just that,(i
    registered these ones myself), it's an option in their client software,
    you can fill in your phone number, they call you on that number
    (automatic voice)you dial the 4 numbers you see on your pc screen on
    that phone... that's it...
    but you need to repeat this procedure sometimes, then it stays.... until
    you change it again, or switch it off in their client software.
    Some SIP switches if you use online ones, will not pass through your
    CID, you have to check the/your options, with people who use the same
    hard/software as you do.

    TheFug, Oct 14, 2007

  3. Chris Hills

    acdeag Guest

    I think you are confusing CLI and porting number. Many VOIP companies allow
    you to change the number displayed when you call someone, this is not the
    same as porting. Although if you call someone it will show your mobile
    number at the other end, if they call you it will go nowhere if the mobile
    number has been disconnected.

    I think your best bet would be to port the number to PAYG and leave a
    voicemail, I am not aware of any PAYG supplier who gives Call Diversion, if
    someone did you could divert calls to a standard VOIP geographic number, but
    it would still cost you.

    acdeag, Oct 14, 2007
  4. Chris Hills

    Jono Guest

    Chris Hills used his keyboard to write :
    .........could you leave the SIM, in a premicell connected to an
    SPA3102, with someone you trust? I suppose you could bar outgoing calls
    on the SIM....

    Jono, Oct 14, 2007
  5. Chris Hills

    Iain Guest

    If you can get hold of an Orange VM OVP sim card on a business account,
    then port your number to that, you could enable everyphone and point the
    everyphone destination to your voip number.

    Other than that (and it won't be easy), I doubt you can.

    Iain, Oct 14, 2007
  6. Chris Hills

    Tim Guest

    Or use a direct GSM gateway.

    Tim

    Tim, Oct 14, 2007
  7. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    Thank you all for the ideas, I like the idea of using an FCT, that
    hadn't occurred to me! I think though I will have do go down the prepaid
    route because it would be a lot less hassle.

    Chris Hills, Oct 14, 2007
  8. Chris Hills

    Jono Guest

    Tim presented the following explanation :
    Any more details on one?

    Jono, Oct 14, 2007
  9. Chris Hills

    acdeag Guest

    I thought Everyphone was only available to business customers, to whom OVP
    VM is not available.

    acdeag, Oct 14, 2007
  10. Chris Hills

    Tim Guest

    We've been looking at 2.

    One expensive, one cheap.

    I can't remember which though.

    Tim

    Tim, Oct 14, 2007
  11. Chris Hills

    TheFug Guest

    Tim schreef:
    You forgot your smiley

    :)

    TheFug, Oct 14, 2007
  12. Chris Hills

    TheFug Guest

    Porting a connection ! not a number ...i guess...

    TheFug, Oct 14, 2007
  13. Chris Hills

    Iain Guest

    You thought wrong. I have OVP VM on a business account, with everyphone.

    Iain

    Iain, Oct 14, 2007
  14. Chris Hills

    John Miller Guest

    Many VOIP companies allow you to change the
    Can you please name me a few, apart from the Betamax ones?

    John Miller, Oct 15, 2007
  15. Chris Hills

    acdeag Guest

    voip.co.uk if that is a betamax one for you all well and good, but I find
    them excellent. I know there are others but I don't use them.

    acdeag, Oct 15, 2007
  16. Chris Hills

    Jono Guest

    John Miller has brought this to us :