    experience of this or any other products that might do the job.

    Thanks

    Lester

    Lester Wareham, Apr 25, 2005

  2. Lester Wareham

    M. MacDonald Guest

    Archos AV series has a CF slot on it and a built in browser/viewer. Can
    also play your mp3 and movies if you want. They have a 40 and 80 gig model
    that will fit in your jacket pocket and is portable.

    Mack

    M. MacDonald, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Lester Wareham

    Gizmo Guest

    I recently bought an Epson P2000.
    Upsides: Great as an image dump (40GB), battery life is pretty good, it'll
    display RAW straight from my 20D, and a fantastic screen - very clear and
    very colourful

    Downsides: not cheap (£300), and very choosey which video file formats it'll
    play.

    Gizmo, Apr 25, 2005
  4. Lester Wareham

    ASAAR Guest

    No experience with the RoadStor from MicroSolutions, but there's
    an ad for it on the inside back cover of the December 2004 Outdoor
    Photographer magazine. It's a portable CD burner that accepts CF,
    SD, SM, MMC, MD, MD and xD cards (with adapters). They say it works
    with PCs and MACs, has a "true" USB 2 interface*, uses detachable
    rechargeable lithium batteries, can show the saved photos on TV (and
    play DVD movies too) and lists for $269.

    * I'd assume that both Full Speed USB 2 and High Speed USB2 are both
    "true" USB2 interfaces, so the RoadStor might use either one.

    ASAAR, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Lester Wareham

    eawckyegcy Guest

    eawckyegcy, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Lester Wareham

    eawckyegcy Guest

    You can't easily replace the disk in the P2000.

    I don't care how pretty the display is, or how many rhapsodic reviews
    it will get from Luminous Landscape: for $500, I expect that the disk
    inside the unit to be trivially fungible. Every other portable unit
    has this nature; what is Epson's excuse?

    eawckyegcy, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Lester Wareham

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ron Hunter, Apr 26, 2005
  8. Lester Wareham

    conj Guest

    conj, Apr 26, 2005
  9. Lester Wareham

    eawckyegcy Guest

    eawckyegcy, Apr 26, 2005
  10. I use it and it is pretty good. Not great and you can't see the
    pictures, but it does the job.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Apr 26, 2005
  11. Nice item, it was not out when I bought my X's Drive.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Apr 26, 2005
  12. Ouch! Well, it still *looks* good.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Apr 26, 2005
  13. Lester Wareham

    MarkH Guest

    I am unsure of the point you are making here, are you saying that no one
    should recommend a product that got released after the product you
    recommended?

    Anyway:
    I used to use a X's Drive Pro, but I recently bought a PD7X without drive
    and transferred my 30GB from my X's Drive Pro. The speed difference is
    incredible, somewhere around 8x as fast to copy files! I also have several
    sets of AA NiMH cells that I can use and this allows me to use my camera
    while away from the PC for weeks. Personally I would not recommend the X's
    Drive (original, 2 or pro) because of the pathetically slow speed.

    MarkH, Apr 27, 2005
  14. No, I am saying that if it had been available when I bought my drive
    and if the controversy I see resolved in its favor I might have bought
    it. It was a comment on my own recommendation.
    Pretty good.
    It is slow, but I guess I have learned to live with it. It is not so
    slow that I am going to spend $80 to upgrade. But at $80 that looks
    like a nice unit.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Apr 27, 2005
  15. Lester Wareham

    Lin Chung Guest

    Lin Chung, Apr 28, 2005
  16. Lester Wareham

    conj Guest

    OK, sorry,
    Used to a NG where it's preffered by most.
    Anyway, interesting news as I think the product's specs are very good. I
    was considering one when I found that web site. So, best is not just get one
    source of info...

    Marc

    conj, Apr 28, 2005