    I'm using memory stick duo pro and compact flash cards... this device looks great

    Any comment?

    Thanks in advance!

    PnP!, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Check out Epson's new PictureMate personal photo lab.
    The replacement paper and ink come in a pack which is ultra competitive with
    mini-lab prices. The "car adaptor" allows you to run it from a "gel cell"
    battery. About as portable as a small Stereo.

    Techno.

    Techno Aussie, Aug 30, 2004

  3. I have had one for about 6 mnths. I bought it without a hard drive and
    installed my own 30 MByte drive.

    I have used it a lot, including on a recent trip to Sth Africa, during which
    I took about 22 MBytes worth of shots.

    I have had no trouble with it. A full 512 MByte card transfers in about 10
    minutes.

    You can verify that the files have transferred, but can't view the pictures.

    It does the job - but there are lots of similar devices available.

    Michael

    Michael Kilpatrick, Aug 30, 2004
  4. PnP!

    Obake Guest

    i've heard good things about the vosonic range. a lot of people use them with
    no problems.

    but theres a new portable hdd device out that will download 1gb in 3min and
    uses 4 AA batteries that will last about 20Gb worth of downloads.

    do a search for "CompactDrive PD7X"

    Obake, Aug 30, 2004
  5. Vosonic devices tend to have a poor battery and long times to copy from the
    media card. If you want a long battery and very fast times to copy the media
    card, the CompactDrive PD7X should be shipping now or shortly. I have the
    earlier PD6A, it was amazing compared to my earlier Vosonic x-drive.

    Michael Meissner, Aug 30, 2004
  6. PnP!

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I hope you mean 22GB of shots. 25 shots wouldn't be a good count for
    such an expensive trip. Grin.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 30, 2004
  7. No, I meant 22 MB - I'm very fussy about what I shoot :)

    Michael Kilpatrick, Aug 31, 2004
  8. PnP!

    Mark B. Guest

    How did you transfer a full 512MB card to a 30MB drive?

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 31, 2004
  9. Mark B. wrote:
    []
    Rather OTT JPEG compression?

    <G>

    David J Taylor, Aug 31, 2004
  10. Actually 30 GByte drive.

    That's what we call a typo.

    Michael Kilpatrick, Aug 31, 2004
  11. PnP!

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Want to put a dollars/picture price on those masterpieces? Grin.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 31, 2004
  12. PnP!

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Compression? He has a problem with MB and GB. But then I often find
    myself telling people I have 512k of ram.... I can remember when that
    was a BIG system....

    Ron Hunter, Aug 31, 2004
  13. PnP!

    Alfred Molon Guest

    That's painfully slow. Are there any portable storage devices which can
    read cards faster than that ?

    Alfred Molon, Aug 31, 2004
  14. PnP!

    Obake Guest