    that will accept a port number and TCP or UDP parameter?

    Winblows 98/2k/XP compatible.

    Adam.

    Adam Banks, Jul 10, 2003

  2. You'd need to put a server sitting somewhere outside your network on the
    internet that accepted connections on any port and replied to you for such
    an application to exist. I'm not sure that you can listen on every port
    without using a low-level network driver.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Adam Banks

    Adam Banks Guest

    Maybe not *every* port <g> but just the odd couple you're trying to
    analyse.

    Adam.

    Adam Banks, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Easy peasy :). I'll write one for you. Email me at
    and once it's done, I'll email it to you.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 10, 2003
  5. Adam Banks

    Jay Guest

    Enable logging on your firewall software.

    Jay, Jul 10, 2003
  6. Adam Banks

    Adam Banks Guest

    You're a gentleman and a scholar, Sir <g>. Taken to e-mail.

    Adam.

    Adam Banks, Jul 10, 2003
  7. Surely your hardware firewall runs some software tho?

    Nathan Mercer, Jul 10, 2003
  8. I use a brilliant program from http://www.ntutility.com
    Its called Active Ports. It shows all ports that internet programs or
    network programs use. It helped me work out a couple of programs I needed to
    find the port they worked on.

    Bryan McNally, Jul 11, 2003
  9. Bryan McNally, Jul 11, 2003