Port-security on 16-port FastEthernet module (NM-ESW-16)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dmitry, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Dmitry

    Dmitry Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to be able to restrict network access by associating a
    switch port with a workstation's mac-address. Does anyone know if
    port-security can be enabled on a 16-port FastEthernet module
    (NM-ESW-16)?

    Hardware - Cisco 2651 router with NM-ESW-16 module
    IOS - Version 12.3(4)T3

    Also, I don't have the command "switchport port-security" available
    when I'm in the interface mode (see below).

    2651_tester(config)#int f1/1
    2651_tester(config-if)#switchport ?
    access Set access mode characteristics of the interface
    mode Set trunking mode of the interface
    trunk Set trunking characteristics of the interface
    <cr>
    priority Set 802.1p priorities
    voice Voice appliance attributes

    If port-security is not available, are there any other options using
    the same hardware?

    Thank you in advance.

    Dmitry

    Dmitry, Apr 1, 2004