Port scanner

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Chucky, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Chucky

    Chucky Guest

    Chucky, Aug 14, 2003

  2. clever... very clever...

    instead of randomly scanning , you get people to come to your scanner.

    :)))))

    kaptain kernel, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Chucky

    .Saphyr Guest

    clever... very clever...
    ; ) Maybe the visitors from this newsgroup aren't actually the best bid for
    this. Anyway, I tried it... it s slow, very slow. Your script needs a little bit
    more non-answer tolerance in order to speed up.

    How many ports do you check ? I hadn't time enough to wait til end...

    ..antoine

    (good job anyway)

    .Saphyr, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Chucky

    kroesjnov Guest

    I think it is nice, yet slow as mentioned.
    You might want to flush the result every minute or for every port, because
    now we are staring at a blank page. Some sign of activity is nice to have
    for a user :)
    You also might want to draw the page first, and then dynamically add
    scanning results (plus an animation or something to show it is scanning, and
    perhaps info on what it is scanning).
    Also I dont know what it is scanning now;
    http://www.geocities.com/kroesjnov/scanner.jpg
    Does it scan all 65000+ ports?
    Perhaps it is nice to let the user decide what to scan, or perhaps let them
    choose between a full scan, a basic service scan (mail, news, http, ssh,
    telnet, etc), or user defined ports.

    Nice job, and looking forward to next versions

    --
    "Wisdom lies not in obtaining knowledge, but in using it in the right way"
    - kroesjnov

    http://www.securitydatabase.net
    http://www.mostly-harmless.nl
    http://www.outerbrains.nl