Port mirroring in HP 2626-pwr 24 port switch

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mayazk100@gmail.com, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    any one tell me how to enable port mirroring in HP 2626-pwr 24 port
    swicth?

    I want to enable port mirroring on port 1 and on port 24.

    main idea is i want Mirror port 1 -> port 24, all data which will pass
    through port 1 that mirror will creat on port 24 or port 24 knows what
    data passing throug port 1..

    is that possible or is that a right defination of port mirroring??

    Kindly reply me as soon as possible...

    Thanks

    Ayaz

    , Oct 25, 2005

  2. nazgulero Guest

    Hello Ayaz,

    your understanding of port mirroring is exactly right: you define the
    source port, port 1 in your case, and you mirror all traffic on that
    port to the monitoring port, port 24 in your case.
    The 2626 is menu-driven, check this link for the procedure to enable
    port mirroring, scroll down to section B-24:

    Monitoring and Analyzing Switch Operation

    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/59906023-1004-Mgmt-App_B-Monitor_Analyze.pdf

    HTH,

    GP

    nazgulero, Oct 25, 2005

  3. Gallwapa Guest

    Ayaz,
    If you are at CLI you can type MENU
    hit 2, then 3

    highlight edit, hit enter, that will highlight "MIRROR ENABLED? NO"

    change it to yes

    then select the ports u want, hit enter, then go to save.

    from the cLI it can be done, as well

    Gallwapa, Oct 25, 2005