Port mirroring in HP 2626-pwr 24 port switch

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mayazk100, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. mayazk100

    mayazk100 Guest

    Hi,

    any one tell me how to enable port mirroring in HP 2626-pwr 24 port
    swicth?

    I want to enable port mirroring on port 1 and on port 24.

    main idea is i want Mirror port 1 -> port 24, all data which will pass
    through port 1 that mirror will creat on port 24 or port 24 knows what
    data passing throug port 1..

    is that possible or is that a right defination of port mirroring??

    Kindly reply me as soon as possible...

    Thanks

    Ayaz

    mayazk100, Oct 25, 2005

  2. mayazk100

    nazgulero Guest

    Hello Ayaz,

    your understanding of port mirroring is exactly right: you define the
    source port, port 1 in your case, and you mirror all traffic on that
    port to the monitoring port, port 24 in your case.
    The 2626 is menu-driven, check this link for the procedure to enable
    port mirroring, scroll down to section B-24:

    Monitoring and Analyzing Switch Operation

    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/59906023-1004-Mgmt-App_B-Monitor_Analyze.pdf

    HTH,

    GP

    nazgulero, Oct 25, 2005

  3. mayazk100

    Gallwapa Guest

    Ayaz,
    If you are at CLI you can type MENU
    hit 2, then 3

    highlight edit, hit enter, that will highlight "MIRROR ENABLED? NO"

    change it to yes

    then select the ports u want, hit enter, then go to save.

    from the cLI it can be done, as well

    Gallwapa, Oct 25, 2005