    because at this moment I don't have equipment to conduct some lab tests
    about this.

    Igor

    Igor Mamuziæ aka Pseto, Oct 19, 2009

  2. Igor Mamuziæ aka Pseto

    bod43 Guest

    I don't know the answer to your questions however -

    If your platform supports it you should
    be able to use UDLD to force the interfaces down in
    the event that you suffer any link failures. UDLD uses
    L2 packets (same dest mac as CDP).

    LACP is 801.3ad and you can get the full spec from
    the IEEE. Some of the more common IEEE networking
    specifications are available for free download.

    Some media convertors pass through the link
    state so you may have no problem at all if you
    configure the converter correctly.

    My guess is that pagp and lcap exchange packets on
    a regular basis but I don't know. debug pagp/lacp?

    bod43, Oct 21, 2009

  3. UDLD isn't my way to go because I need to aggregate links for the load
    balancing sake first and then ensure end-to-end link failure detection. I'm
    not sure if UDLD can be enabled on channel ports or maybe only physical
    ports are supported?
    Converters with which I have to deal here are non-manageable Planet dummy
    convertors:( and they cannot pass trough link state...
    debug pagp packet packet shows that neghbors sends PaGP packets periodically
    every 20 sec or so - well in this case I'll give PaGP a chance in my
    project;)

    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic aka Pseto, Oct 22, 2009