port channel, switchport trunk allowed vlan

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by xianli, Mar 12, 2008.

  1. xianli

    xianli Guest

    Hi all:

    CISCO6509#show vlan id 123

    VLAN Name Status Ports
    ---- -------------------------------- ---------
    -------------------------------
    123 CISCO3750 active Po200, Po64

    I only issued the "switchport trunk allowed vlan 123" on Po64, not on
    Po200. but when I "show vlan id" as above, It said both Po200, Po64
    allowed vlan 123. Are there any reason causing this problem?

    interface Port-channel64
    switchport
    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    switchport trunk allowed vlan 123
    switchport mode trunk
    switchport nonegotiate
    no ip address
    end

    interface Port-channel200

    xianli, Mar 12, 2008

  2. On port channel 200 you have not specified which VLANs to trunk so by
    default all vlans are trunked.

    Its me Earnest T., Mar 12, 2008

  3. xianli

    xianli Guest