    router/firewall is dropping the packet. We cannot get to their network
    on this port.
    Thanks

    cconnell_1, Jun 28, 2005

  2. cconnell_1

    RobO Guest

    Hi,

    Are you able to do a port scan on the specific IP address to see if the
    port is really open (possibly the ISP has blocked the port)?

    If its a TCP port there is a Unix based tcp traceroute tool called
    "tcptraceroute" available at
    http://michael.toren.net/code/tcptraceroute/.
    You can specify destination ports.

    I dont know of any Windows tools that do this, anybody else know?

    Hope this helps,

    Rob

    RobO, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Unless they've configured "no ip unreachable", the router should send an
    ICMP Unreachable -- Administratively Prohibited when it drops a packet
    due to a filter.

    Barry Margolin, Jun 29, 2005