    everything. They cause my computer to hang up and cause
    me lots of problems. PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT I CAN
    DO. I DON'T KNOW WHOM TO TURN TO.

    Hutchi-C, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Hutchi-C

    Joe DeVasure Guest

    If you are talking about the popops that look like Dialog
    boxes (Application) and not HTML Pages then You need to
    go to services under Administrative tools and Sort the
    services by name.
    Next look for the Messanger service. Once you find it
    then right click on it and stop the service. The next
    step is the most important right click on it and disable
    the service. This is a service that is used in networks
    and domains and for most home users uneeded.
    Hope this helps
    Joe

    Joe DeVasure, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Hutchi-C

    Kline Sphere Guest

    More worrying is why the person in question is getting this
    messages.....

    Kline Sphere, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Hutchi-C

    MarkSJ Guest

    More worrying is that somebody thinks a person who asks "HOW I CAN STOP YOUR
    (MICROSOFT) POPUPS" in a public exam newsgroup can find administrative
    tools/services on their computer and then stop a service.

    You'd think that if somebody was getting a window popping up on their
    computer on a regular basis that had a caption of "Messenger Service" they
    would maybe do something like go to google and type in "messenger service
    popup" and click on one of the thousands of links that brings; that seems a
    lot more logical than going to a public exam newsgroup and asking a vague
    question.

    Of course, it's also impossible to tell from the original description if the
    person is talking about "Messenger Service" windows or the more standard
    popup windows, and is calling them "YOUR (MICROSOFT) POPUPS" because they
    say on them "Microsoft Internet Explorer".

    MarkSJ, Sep 4, 2003