Popular Photography's Shooting-All-The-Day Jan. 21

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by popularphoto, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. popularphoto

    popularphoto Guest

    Hi,

    I am new to the group. I am an assistant editor at Popular Photography&
    Imaging Magazine.

    I wanted to tell everyone about an event on January 21. It's called
    Shooting-All-The-Time-Day, it's a challenge to photographers to see
    how forcing yourself to take photos all day for one day will help
    strengthen your skills.

    The idea is to take at least one photo every five minutes for 15 hours,
    for a minimum of 225 photos.

    Participants are encouraged to email their five best shots along with
    their name, address and phone number to . The
    images will be posted on PopPhoto.com and one lucky person will be
    selected to win a Pentax K100D digital camera with two lens and a 4GB
    SanDisk Ultra II SD card (an $1,100 value).

    For more information, go to popphoto.com/photocontests/3575.

    If you have any questions, please respond to this post or email me at
    .

    popularphoto, Jan 10, 2007

  2. popularphoto

    Mark² Guest

    How will you verify that the pictures were actually shot under these
    guidelines?
    In other words...what's to prevent someone from simply sending a dateless,
    archived favorite shot?

    Mark², Jan 10, 2007

  3. "Did'ya ever wonder" why the grand prize in photography contests is
    always a camera.

    They are giving it to the one person who obviously does NOT need a new
    camera.

    TheNewsGuy (Mike), Jan 11, 2007
  4. popularphoto

    Aaron Guest

    Nothing, I imagine. It's just a gimmick, anyway. It might as well be a
    "pick your five favorite photos" contest.

    Aaron, Jan 11, 2007
  5. popularphoto

    Sudee Guest

    Most photography magazines are aimed at gearheads and gadget freaks
    because they get all their ad money from the gear and gadget
    manufacturers. Articles about the art/craft of photography,
    photographers, or photo manipulation techniques often take a back seat
    to ads for and articles about the latest and greatest stuff.

    Pentax and SanDisk get really cheap advertising, the magazine probably
    got the prizes for nothing or next to it and are promoting it cheaply by
    posting it on usenet, and the contest participants get the illusion that
    it's all about them.

    --
    Sue (feeling a bit cynical this morning)

    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might
    as well dance.
    Unknown

    Sudee, Jan 11, 2007