    I'm trying to decide whether this is a flaky unit, or whether one of the
    myriad config settings needs to be changed from its default value.

    Thanks for any thoughts...

    Martin, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Martin

    Gareth Evans Guest

    I have the Grandstream BT102 and the quality has been fantastic and my
    connection is 512kb (ADSL). Was perfect on Sipgate, but when using
    SipDiscount the quality dropped now and then.

    Gareth

    Gareth Evans, Feb 9, 2006

  3. Martin

    Sauron Guest

    If you bought the unit from gradwell then it should be configured already if
    not then see if they will talk you through it via there 100 number which is
    VOIP and free!

    Sauron, Feb 9, 2006
  4. Martin

    alexd Guest

    I've got a Grandstream ATA, and the sound quality is way ahead of my Sipura
    phone.
    Have you tested it on a LAN to eliminate WAN issues?

    alexd, Feb 9, 2006
  5. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Thanks to all who replied.

    I contacted MyPhoneCall.co.uk who supplied the hardware. They suggested
    upgrading the firmware. I was already on the latest release code
    (1.0.6.7) but their web site has some beta code (1.0.8.12) which seems
    to give better results. Time will tell for certain.

    http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/support/firmware/default.aspx

    I'd be interested to hear which firmware you guys are using!

    Cheers,

    - Martin.

    Martin, Feb 15, 2006
  6. Martin

    alexd Guest

    I would suspect that the majority are using 1.0.6.7 as these things come
    pre-programmed to pull the firmware from Grandstream's site - and that's
    the version that's on Grandstream's site.

    alexd, Feb 15, 2006