Polycom VPA-11 ATA (as sold on eBay)

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by PeterW, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. PeterW

    PeterW Guest

    The Polycom VPA-11 SIP ATA which has been selling for UKP 19.99 on eBay has
    quite a lot of features for the price.

    There is a technical help forum available at:
    http://pluscom.cn/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=46 which has a copy of the
    User manual and a bugfix for a UK ringtone problem.

    The device has a fallback PSTN port which can also be dialled out through
    (prefix the number with "#" in the default dialplan). It is also capable of
    "star services" such as 3-way conferencing, call diverts, IP dialling (not
    tested) and abbreviated dialling shortcodes.

    Settings (eg SNTP server & Timezone) which are not available from the Web
    GUI can be changed by editing CONFIG.REG via the built-in FTP server.

    The principal weakness I have noticed is the inability to do *any*
    substitution in the dialplan. The dialplan is used for timeouts and "star-
    service" recognition but has no facility to change what's dialled in any
    way before sending (other than for short-codes of course).
    I also have a very short dropout audible every second on G.711a / G.711u
    calls.

    Peter

    PeterW, Jan 4, 2007

  2. PeterW

    David Floyd Guest

    Got an Internal Server Error for that url.

    David

    David Floyd, Jan 4, 2007

  3. PeterW

    PeterW Guest