    Resetting the router, though, does solve the problem.

    Any ideas? TIA

    Rupert

    Rupert, May 24, 2007

  2. Rupert

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Update router firmware? Try another router? Try a Zyxel.
    Could be the Nat table is running out of space.

    Desk Rabbit, May 24, 2007

  3. Rupert

    Rob Guest

    You could try asking on the DrayTek users forum at:
    http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/

    (I think you may have to register)

    Rob

    Rob, May 24, 2007
  4. Rupert

    Linker3000 Guest

    May not be relevant but on the 2600s I have to telnet into the routers
    and issue the command: sys sip_alg 0 [enter] otherwise calls drop after
    45 secs.

    Linker3000, May 24, 2007
  5. Rupert

    Paul Hayes Guest

    I was about to say the same thing. Still applies to the newer Draytek
    routers as well, the SIP ALG still causes weird problems, I don't know
    why router manufacturers bother with them, I'm yet to see one in a SOHO
    router that doesn't cause more problems than it solves.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, May 25, 2007
  6. Rupert

    Tim Guest

    Not sure about the 2800, but the 2600 has a AIP SLG onboard that
    intercepts 5060 traffic and messes it up.

    You can disable the ALG by telnetting to the router on later 2600
    firmware.

    Tim

    Tim, May 25, 2007
  7. Rupert

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...
    Could that explain why I could never get my VoIP working on my 2600VGi,
    and spent £80 on a fritzbox instead?

    Jon, May 25, 2007
  8. Rupert

    Linker3000 Guest

    I have a 2600VGi at home and one of the FXS ports is happily hosting a
    DECT phone while connected to a Trixbox server on the LAN side. I have
    also had it connected directly to voip.co.uk.

    Now as for a fax machine....Hmmm.

    Linker3000, May 26, 2007
  9. Rupert

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...
    I could not get mine going with sipgate or plustalk (Plusnet VoIP
    offering). I could get it to register but only one-way speech.

    Jon, May 26, 2007
  10. Rupert

    Jon Farmer Guest

    Have you checked how often the Polycom's are resending registration
    (expiry). IMHO if you get the devices to reregister more frequently it
    stops this kind of behaviour. 120 seconds is usually a good setting for me.

    HTH

    Regards

    Jon

    Jon Farmer, May 27, 2007