    code? I need a starting point. Can anyone please help.

    Thanks

    Omar

    komark, Jul 21, 2006

  2. komark

    Martik Guest

    Google "perl windows xp" yields 16.4 millions results

    Martik, Jul 21, 2006

  3. komark

    Pennywise Guest

    |>Google "perl windows xp" yields 16.4 millions results

    Perl's a scripting language, I imagine there's lots of hits; but he
    was looking for a clue on writing one for a remote switch.

    Google's good but experience is better.

    Pennywise, Jul 21, 2006
  4. komark

    komark Guest

    Exactly....I'm googling for it but getting a lot of result. I need to
    be directed to a certain direction.
    If anyone can help i will greatly appreciate that.

    Thanks

    komark, Jul 21, 2006
  5. komark

    why? Guest

    It's easier to change the switch for 1 with port security. You lockout
    everything and reenable on a per port approved device.
    Look for stuff like ,

    perl switch management
    perl open source switch management
    perl open source network management
    perl network management
    perl snmp network management
    perl cisco
    perl 3com

    You should be able to figure out a few more searches.

    Google (funny how that appears again) as mentioned, the Perl docs /
    books / on line examples show exactly how to do this. There are even
    several open source monitoring tool books as well as network management
    in Perl book and endless books on SNMP.

    For Cisco switches, I use the Cisco Telnet module, login to the switches
    , suck down the mac table to text files, dump those in a folder and
    point Copernic Desktop search to the folder. Similar for the Avaya
    switches, and Cisco Routers.

    Then again there are just so many monitoring , MIB browsers, Cisco, 3Com
    or other vendor specific tools for talking to switches.

    Me

    why?, Jul 21, 2006