    mathematical vs. logical. :) I don't think mathematicians would
    have much difficulty envisioning the parallel 3D universes you've
    described. Time for another reading of Abbott's "Flatland"? :)

    ASAAR, Aug 23, 2005

  2. BC

    Jim Guest

    No. I have a 20mm 2.8 for my 35m film cameras.. I find it plenty wide
    and I use it often. I have not wished for anything wider. That was
    500.00 US. I have a 28-85 which is my normal lens and I love the zoom
    in this range Now, for my digital.. that 20mm lens is pretty close
    to a normal. I use it indoors as normal "35mm" lens. Where is this
    going? I see no need for a zoom in the extreme wide angles. Ethier I
    use them for landcapes and I don't "miss" the zoom. in other words, a
    little attention to composition and camera position does it. or they
    are used in close proximity where picking up the camera and tripod and
    moving it accomplishes the task. Will I buy a 10 or 12 mm prime for
    my digital.. sure! I miss the wide 20 effect. I don't need a zoom at
    this range and a quality rectilinear fixed length lens will do just
    fine. I see no reason to pay the premium price for a zoom in this
    range.

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 29, 2005