Poll MCA = or > New CCIE

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Bob Christian, Jun 10, 2005.

  1. Will the Microsoft Certified Architect be the new CCIE?

    Bob Christian, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Bob Christian

    Jtyc Guest

    Will the Microsoft Certified Architect be the new CCIE?

    I'll believe it when I see it.

    Jtyc, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Bob Christian

    Guest Guest

    Sounds like it will be pricey, I reckon it'll be a load of rubbish as there
    appears to be a lot of vaigue areas and 'wiggle' room - given that the marks
    are as such a peer assessment (reminds me of back at college!), placing so
    much emphasis on a markers interpretation of what you think will mean many
    get an easy run while others get screwed - In the end a lot of top level guys
    probably wont be bothered wheras their mid-level certification rookies will
    probably be able to persist and obtain a certification which in a just world
    they wouldnt have a chance of obtaining.

    Mark.

    Guest, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Bob Christian

    zenner Guest

    I doubt if it will be an either/or issue. It appears that MS wants it's own
    super premium certification, under it's control. MS is still entertaining
    its unwritten program of "World Domination"...quote Pinky (of Pinky and the
    brain)...I would expect, at sometime in the evolution of the cert...there
    will probably be some way to transfer across. If you remember, for years, MS
    ignored Comptia certs, now it is possible to substitute for some
    requirements toward MCSA/MCSE.

    zenner, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Bob Christian

    Ben Smith Guest

    Having consulted with the guy who design MCA, Andy Ruth, and observed
    the process, including one of the board interviews, I can tell you that
    the program is very very impressive. That said, I would not compare it
    to the CCIE. They are two different beasts. CCIE is about high end
    deisgn and implementation (with a focus on the latter) whereas the MCA
    is about Architecture in the true sense of the word. Nether is better -
    they are just different.

    So the answer to your question is no. CCIE and MCA are mutually
    exclusive.

    Ben Smith, Jun 10, 2005
  6. Bob Christian

    doctordns Guest

    Depends on what you mean.

    To some degree the answer is yes. Just like there are not all that many
    CCIEs in the world, there won't be all that many MCAs. Just like the
    (relatively small) CCIE population sets the tone for the whole Cisco
    certificaiton, MCA will do the same for the Microsoft certification.

    Of course, these certs are aimed at different markets, and have
    different focues. So to some degree the answer is also No.

    doctordns, Jun 13, 2005
  7. Bob Christian

    Neil Guest

    did you do a round of golf with him on Sunday? Thursday?

    Neil, Jun 13, 2005
  8. Bob Christian

    Jtyc Guest

    did you do a round of golf with him on Sunday? Thursday?

    Golf?? Bloody elitists...

    I wanna play to... :-(

    ..50 cal baby! I just can't afford to shoot it.

    Jtyc, Jun 13, 2005
  9. Bob Christian

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:
    Pshaw! What're you planning on shooting? Damn few rhinos around Sacramento
    as I understand it.

    If you can't get 'er done with a .45, send a man to do it.

    JaR, Jun 13, 2005
  10. Bob Christian

    Jtyc Guest

    Pshaw! What're you planning on shooting? Damn few rhinos around Sacramento
    Why a bear of course.

    Actually I'm rather fond of my .40. Next, I need to find a good revolver.
    Maybe a .357 or .44.

    Jtyc, Jun 13, 2005
  11. Bob Christian

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:
    I used to have a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 special. About the size of
    your average .38, with an aluminum frame. Could carry it in your pocket.
    Fun little piece of hand artillery. Too light for target shooting, though.
    After fifty rounds or so, you can't pick up your beer can with your
    shooting hand anymore.

    JaR, Jun 13, 2005
  12. Bob Christian

    Ben Smith Guest

    HAHAHA.

    Andy and I go way back.

    Ben Smith, Jun 13, 2005
  13. Bob Christian

    Mike T. Guest

    Made famous by none other than David Berkowitz, the Son of Sam.

    Mike T., Jun 13, 2005
  14. Bob Christian

    Neil Guest

    hey, what goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults is none
    of my business.

    (And I am some ticked off I didn't get intro'd to you at TE! too much to
    do in too little time I guess.)

    Neil, Jun 13, 2005
  15. Bob Christian

    CBIC Guest

    I used to have a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 special. About the size
    Handguns and beer. A winning combination.

    CBIC, Jun 13, 2005
  16. Bob Christian

    kpg Guest

    Damn straight.

    kpg, Jun 13, 2005
  17. Bob Christian

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Mike T. spewed across the ether:
    *Ding!* Give the man a seegar.

    JaR, Jun 13, 2005
  18. Bob Christian

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, CBIC spewed across the ether:
    Absolutely! Bourbon goes with power tools.

    JaR, Jun 13, 2005