Policy map using policy map

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Geoffrey Sinclair, Jul 27, 2009.

  1. I have been given a template configuration for a DSCP based QoS.

    So the incoming traffic policy map marks the traffic accordingly, and
    then the WAN interface calls policy map S-QUEUE to decide how
    to handle the outbound traffic which in turn calls policy map QUEUE.

    policy-map S-QUEUE
    class class-default
    shape average 1048000
    service-policy QUEUE

    policy-map QUEUE
    class M-QUEUE !dscp ef
    priority 1032
    class I-QUEUE !dscp af31
    bandwidth 16
    class class-default !the rest
    fair-queue
    random-detect dscp-based

    Somehow I am stuck trying to figure out why not have the WAN
    interface use QUEUE instead of using S-QUEUE. The WAN
    bandwidth is 10Mb.

    Geoffrey Sinclair
    Remove the nb for email.

    Geoffrey Sinclair, Jul 27, 2009

  2. Geoffrey Sinclair

    bod43 Guest

    This is a hierarchical policy map.

    The top level (parent) map applies traffic shaping
    and then the child map is applied to the4 result.
    This is the documented method of doing traffic
    shaping.

    bod43, Jul 27, 2009