    Polaroid does not respond. Should I take it back and get something
    else?

    Thank you.

    John Doe, Feb 13, 2006

  2. John Doe

    Charles Guest

    might try a new driver first.

    http://www.polaroid-digital.com/site.php?cid=14&lid=1&serid=5&id=3&pid=153

    Charles, Feb 13, 2006

  3. John Doe

    bmail555 Guest

    Assuming it takes SD cards, you could always take pictures on an SD
    card and transfer them to PC via an SD card reader.

    bmail555, Feb 13, 2006
  4. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    I appreciate the effort. Nowadays before I buy something, I usually
    have the PDF owners manual on my computer.

    That driver name is "pdc3070driver.exe"
    That driver apparently doesn't work in windows XP sp2.

    The two cameras (3070 and 3080) appear to be the same except for
    maybe some firmware differences, I guess firmware is what would
    cause the battery level indicator to be more precise in the PDC
    3080. I determined that by comparing the two owners manuals.

    If you think that the driver is supposed to support the PDC 3080 in
    Windows XP SP2, I can work my system to prove or disprove that
    (except for possible hardware conflicts).

    Polaroid's web site appears to be very fishy. But I don't know how
    well the other digital camera makers do the Internet.

    John Doe, Feb 13, 2006
  5. John Doe

    Charles Guest

    I would say that this is one of the worst web sites I have run into,
    it may just be my browser or configuration, but with stuff displayed
    on top of other stuff making the page barely readable, I've seen
    better.

    Charles, Feb 13, 2006
  6. John Doe

    SMS Guest

    Polaroid is now simply a holding company, they don't have any support.
    Return it to Target. But you're not going to find anything that's any
    good in that price range. Decent cameras start at $150, i.e. Nikon
    Coolpix 4200, or the Canon A510.

    SMS, Feb 13, 2006