    Can anyone assist?

    Thank you & Regards
    Ian Bull

    Ian Bull, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Ian Bull

    Bob Guest

    the canon LAH-DC10 lens adapter set at about $30 should let you screw on
    whatever 52mm filter you like

    Bob

    Bob, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Ian Bull

    Ian Bull Guest

    Bob,

    Many thanks.

    Regards
    Ian Bull

    Ian Bull, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Ian Bull

    IRO Guest

    You're right about the polariser being desirable. They make a big
    improvement to some shots where the clouds and sky are on the right
    angle relative to the sun. I leave mine on my Canon S1 IS more or less
    permanently when shooting outdoors. The camera seems to be oblivious of
    the half-stop or so of lost light.

    IRO, Jul 27, 2004
  5. A polarising filter (whether linear or circular) will typically reduce
    light by about 1.5 stops - it varies a little according to the nature of
    the light, but that's a good starting point for manual metering.

    David Littlewood, Jul 28, 2004