    FYI - these are very narrow carved canyons that provide very interesting
    shape and lighting effects.
    http://www.antelopecanyon.com/photos.html

    Mike Russell, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Mike Russell

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Kinon O'Cann, Apr 21, 2007

  3. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    Thanks, Kinon - I'll give these a look see.

    Mike Russell, Apr 21, 2007

  4. I was there two years ago. I was able to use a tripod.

    The most important thing is to get there early in the day, before
    the sun gets into the bottom. Once it does, the contrast range gets
    horrendously large. At this time there will be no crowds
    to bother your picture, because the guides all tell people
    to arrive in mid-day. Expect extremely long exposures, like
    seconds.

    Antelope Canyon (both parts) simply requires a good eye, a tripod,
    and the neck of a goose (in order to see through the
    viewfinder when pointed in a strange direction.

    If you are a photographer, visit both parts, on opposite
    sides of the road.

    Doug McDonald

    Doug McDonald, Apr 21, 2007
  5. Mike Russell

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    When are you going? Any plans to visit things other than slot canyons? Like
    Horseshoe Bend? Or Waterholes Canyon? Tons of stuff near Page, AZ...

    Kinon O'Cann, Apr 23, 2007
  6. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    [re trip to SW]
    This will be quite a trek - starting in Zion, and ending up in Phoenix. In
    between we'll see Mesa Verde, Arches, Antelope Valley, and a number of other
    places.

    Mike Russell, Apr 23, 2007