Pointer to DVD Frequently Asked Questions List

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan Brown, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Stan Brown

    FAQmeister Guest

    LOL
    Yeah, you're a happy reader...of a spam-filled faq. And one who reacts
    childishly when someone dares to post an alt group faq without asking
    for your permission.

    FAQmeister, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Stan Brown

    Jay G. Guest

    Dude, he stopped responding directly to your posts. You even agreed in the
    last thread that he has a right to post a link to an alternate FAQ. The
    only one still acting childish by posting attacks is you.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Mar 29, 2005
  4. Stan Brown

    FAQmeister Guest

    Wong again, "dude." He is only posting that link to that spam-faq as a
    response to my faq. That's childish.

    At first he would wait till after I posted my faq to post the link to
    his spam-faq, then he started posting a couple of hours before he knew
    I'd be posting mine. Last week he posted that link to the spam-faq
    twice. First in anticipation of mine and then, when I didn't get my faq
    posted till much later than he anticipated, he posted his again right
    after. Now this week he waited till after I posted my faq to post his
    link to that spam-faq.

    In other words, he is trolling me and I will continue to comment on it.

    FAQmeister, Mar 29, 2005
  5. Stan Brown

    Jay G. Guest

    He's posting an alternate FAQ as an option, and is no longer responding to
    your own FAQ postings trying to discredit them. You, however, do continue
    to try and discredit his posts, even though you admit that your FAQ is no
    more official than his, and that both have a right to be posted. Your the
    one doing the attacking.
    So he posts his link near to when you do. So what? Are you afraid that
    your FAQ doesn't hold up to scrutiny? If you feel your FAQ is superior, it
    shouldn't matter when the other is posted.
    You have no idea what trolling is. Responding to a post and trying to
    discredit it is much more antagonistic than simply posting an alternate
    choice. If anyone's trolling, it's you.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Mar 30, 2005
  6. Stan Brown

    FAQmeister Guest

    So, according to you I should consider myself lucky that he is not
    attacking me directly and just ignore his constant, rather pathetic
    attempts to antagonize me in this manner. That is what he is trying to
    do. If his sole motivation for posting a link to that spam-faq was to
    inform others, he wouldn't be linking the timing of his post to mine.

    Here's a thought that apparently hasn't occurred to you. Perhaps he
    should stop these childish games of his and pick a different day. Then I
    won't have any reason to address him.

    FAQmeister, Mar 30, 2005
  7. Stan Brown

    Jay Stewart Guest

    Relax and try to get some sleep.

    Jay Stewart, Mar 30, 2005
  8. Stan Brown

    Jay G. Guest

    I honestly don't think he's trying to antagonize you. He happens to
    disagree with your parts of your FAQ, as do a number of us on this
    newsgroup, and is posting an alternate link for others to choose from.
    Isn't it kind of childish for you to dictate when a person can provide a
    post? Again, what does it matter to you when he posts the FAQ link? Both
    of your posts still exist, giving people options. It seems that you are
    unwilling to acknowledge differences of opinion and view the offering of
    another FAQ as an actual threat.

    Again, his post is separate from yours and does not try to discredit your
    FAQ, but provide an alternative to it. Your posts, however, respond
    directly to his post on the same thread and attempt to discredit it.
    You're the one acting far more childish.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Mar 30, 2005
  9. Stan Brown

    FAQmeister Guest

    Well, you're wrong. As I said, If his sole motivation for posting a link
    to that spam-faq
    was to inform others, he wouldn't be linking the timing of his post to
    mine.
    See above.

    FAQmeister, Mar 30, 2005
  10. Stan Brown

    Hank Guest

    Rumor has it that FAQmeister put forth the following:
    Yeah, but when he posts his *before* your's, you accuse him of someone being a
    psychic, a Kreskin who just *knows* you were about to do it. When he posts
    *after* your's, you accuse him of posting because you did. In short, he can't
    win, because you've set the premise that *whenever* he posts his... before or
    after you post your's... that he's "following" you.

    If he posted a day before you you'd claim that he did that only to "show you
    up", likewise a day after.

    You see? What's the acceptable time limit here? Three days? A week? If so, you
    better get together with him and let him know when you plan to post so he can be
    sure to post his link within the acceptable time frame...

    --

    Hank
    Dallas, TX "Religion is a smile on a dog..." (New Bohs)

    Hank, Mar 30, 2005
  11. Stan Brown

    FAQmeister Guest

    I've always posted my faq on Mondays.

    FAQmeister, Mar 30, 2005
  12. Stan Brown

    Jay G. Guest

    I never said informing others was his sole motivation. Obviously he's
    providing it as a counterpoint to yours. The problem is that you're
    whining about it and causing a fuss that he's doing so, being far more
    antagonistic than someone posting an alternative FAQ in a separate thread.

    Again, where's the harm in having both FAQs posted at near the same time?

    -Jay

    FAQmeister, Mar 31, 2005
  14. Stan Brown

    Jay G. Guest

    He's not attacking you at all. His post doesn't mention your FAQ in any
    way, it's merely posting a link to an alternative to your FAQ. Your
    links to. You're the one being antagonistic, not him.
    Why should he pick a different day? Again, where's the harm in having both

    Jay G., Mar 31, 2005
  15. Stan Brown

    Frank Sereno Guest

    Have you considered just putting him in your killfile, that way you
    never have to read his references to the other FAQ? There is no way
    you'll be able to get him to stop posting regarding the alternate faq
    other than death or severe physical or mental impairment (and taking
    such steps would be illegal and immoral). Seems childish to let his
    postings get under your skin like this so just ignore them.

    Frank Sereno, Mar 31, 2005
  16. Stan Brown

    FAQmeister Guest

    Perhaps he should have killfiled ME a long time ago. Instead, he (and
    others) have attacked me personally quite a bit. I did not respond to
    any of that with any personal attacks of my own, but I did defend myself
    and my faq.

    Eventually, most people decided to let it go. But this guy is still at
    it by "stepping" on my post every week.
    I have other options. Of course those sorts of things would really be
    childish, but I've had to put up with a lot of very childish behavior
    from others ever since I started posting my faq. I've been very patient
    so far, but my patience is wearing thin. Perhaps that's what Mr. Brown
    is hoping for, but as the old saying goes, "be careful what you wish
    for..."

    FAQmeister, Mar 31, 2005
  17. Stan Brown

    FAQmeister Guest

    That's right, for "stepping" on my post.
    The faq he links to is a vehicle for promoting the author's book sales.
    As such, it is worthy of criticism.
    So you've said--repeatedly. I disagree. The way I see it, he is being
    antagonistic towards me and a response is justified.
    Because it's the decent and mature thing to do. He doesn't need to time
    his post to be a counter-point or a rebuttal to mine and I don't
    appreciate the fact that he is doing it.
    His actions are an immature response to a faq he doesn't like. You are
    defending that and accusing me of trying to antagonize him. Under the
    circumstances, that is rather ironic.

    FAQmeister, Mar 31, 2005
  18. Stan Brown

    Jay G. Guest

    You still have not provided a reason why it's wrong for both FAQ posts to
    be made at the same time. Where's the harm in having both FAQs posted at
    near the same time? How is it detrimental to you?

    -Jay

    Jay G., Mar 31, 2005
  19. Stan Brown

    Jay G. Guest

    Your post is still there, I don't see any stepping on it. Are you
    suggesting that posting an alternate FAQ for people is somehow wrong?

    -Jay

    Jay G., Mar 31, 2005
  20. Stan Brown

    FAQmeister Guest

    I've given my reasons. You obviously don't consider them valid, but I
    don't place much value on your opinions because back in January you were
    insisting that the dvddemistified faq didn't have any advertising in it,
    despite ample evidence to the contrary.

    FAQmeister, Mar 31, 2005