    After searching, the only model I could come up with _one_ model that
    met even his basic requirements, the soon to be discontinued Canon SD800
    IS, but surely there must be more.

    SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 21, 2007

  2. I have this model:

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz3/

    Compact, with a 28 - 280mm image-stabilised Leica lens, Li-ion battery.
    You could probably use slave flash, but I've not tested that.

    David J Taylor, Nov 21, 2007

  3. David J Taylor wrote:

    I guess there's nothing special about the Canon HF-DC1 that specifically
    makes it better for the Powershot's than any generic external wireless
    flash would work with any P&S camera, it just ignores the pre-flash.

    The only minus on the Panasonic seems to be the lack of an optical
    viewfinder, but that seems to be a compromise that will have to be made
    very soon as they are disappearing from most ultra-compacts.

    SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 21, 2007
  4. SMS 斯蒂文• å¤

    irwell Guest

    One of the Ricoh's might suit. Gx100?

    irwell, Nov 21, 2007
  5. SMS 斯蒂文• å¤

    ASAAR Guest

    Wrong! (probably) Canon's HF-DC1 works with many, but not even
    all of Canon's Powershot models, possibly because the HF-DC1 may
    only be compatible with cameras having preflash delays within a
    narrow band of time. That doesn't necessarily make it better, but
    it sure can make it worse. Metz's external wireless flashes (and
    possibly other brands) have user adjustable delays for cameras that
    have extremely short or long pre-flash delays that makes them
    impossible to use with some non-adjustable OEM external wireless
    flashes. B&H has sold several models. One is/was Metz's Mecablitz
    28 CS-2 digital.

    ASAAR, Nov 21, 2007