Pogo.com + unwanted redirects to Drivecleaner.com

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ng_reader, Sep 24, 2007.

  1. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    Hi there,

    It's happening to me much more than usual, and I've run a couple of spyware
    programs and also the excellent utility called HiJack this, but I still get
    redirected from my favorite (for now) Internet card playing site.

    It's pretty cool, you can check it out. Lots of Senior Citizens, so it's
    kind of like taking candy from a baby, but hey, it's only old people ;)

    Off on a tangent, I know.

    So, I am still getting whisked away to this nefarious website that I KNOW
    will tell me that I NEED to RID myself of trojans and spyware and such for
    the low low price of....

    Whatever.

    Pogo *ONLY* works on pop-ups, so I have that turned off. Pretty sure my
    problems would go away if Pogo *did not* work on the theory that pop-ups are
    good. Hey, there is wayyyy to much advertising as it is, but, I see the
    trade-off.

    So, if someone has either found this and is frustrated you have a
    compatriot. If, someone knows what the devil is exactly hijacking my browser
    (unbeknownst to me), again, thanks in advance.

    If you get there you should play me in Texas Hold 'Em. I win about 39% of
    my tournaments. I haven't seen anyone else that efficient.....

    Cheerio

    Mr. Curious sometimes known as ng_reader

    ng_reader, Sep 24, 2007

  2. ng_reader wrote:
    Your browser is unbeknownst to you? Let me guess: Internet Explorer.

    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html
    Read the 'browsers' and the 'spyware remedies' sections.

    Drivecleaner? Sounds a lot like the Evidence Eliminator scam from years
    past.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 24, 2007

  3. ng_reader

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use Remove-it version 13, it's fast and free. It now has over 4000
    signatures to remove All variants of Rogue scanners, Desktop/Homepage
    Hijackers, Trojans, Codec's, and related Malware/Spyware. New Feature,
    Remove-it will now update your hosts file. This tool is designed to
    Specifically remove all variants. Scan time is about 2 minutes. Designed for
    Windows 2000/XP only. Password is still required.
    First read this page http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then use the email
    link on the bottom of the page to receive the software.

    Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    Feedback is very important to the development of Remove-it.
    Let me know how it works. Send feedback here
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    pcbutts1, Sep 24, 2007
  4. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    But of course it's IE, and not the latest version, either.

    Tak.

    ng_reader, Sep 24, 2007
  5. ng_reader

    Leythos Guest

    It will block access to reputable sites, comes from a porno hosting
    website, and the code is suspected to be pirated from another person.

    Only a fool would download code to fix anything from a porno hosting
    website.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS1.COM that
    create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
    at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Sep 24, 2007
  6. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    Or, run the executable emailed to their personal e-mail address....

    !

    I'm still pissed off at Pogo, their servers crash at all the wrong times,
    and the redirects are probably income for Electronic Arts (their parent)

    ng_reader, Sep 24, 2007
  7. ng_reader

    Moleman Guest

    It started happening to me last week, on two different computers. I think the
    Drivecleaner people are paying Pogo to redirect a player's computer to their
    site and Pogo doesn't care, they just want the money. Shame on Pogo.

    Moleman, Sep 25, 2007
  8. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    And, they just installed some new advertising/propaganda for the casual user
    like myself.

    It's a little like watching cable TV in America. 10 minutes of TV and 20
    minutes of commercials.

    Ridiculous.

    ng_reader, Sep 25, 2007