    WiFiSeeker are similar and superior to the three-LED Kensington.

    Has anyone information about comparing the WiFi Detector
    (www.smartid.com.sg) with the WiFiSeeker (www.wifiseeker.com)?

    Paul DeVivo, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Paul DeVivo

    Dave Guest

    well of course they are superior, they have one more led!

    Dave, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Paul DeVivo

    Guest Guest

    It's a waiste of money...
    You can easely build one yourselve for less then 5$ in
    components.... antenna, few diodes, one IC and a few
    LED's....done...

    Guest, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Paul DeVivo

    Al Dente Guest

    care to post some diagrams for us?
    m9876c at yahoo dot com

    Al Dente, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Paul DeVivo

    Box134 Guest

    If you can settle for a laptop-sized detector, you can use a laptop with a
    PCMCIA wireless card and NetStumbler software to find Wi-Fi signals. I've
    done this from inside a car. Works amazingly well.

    Box134, Jul 5, 2004
  6. Paul DeVivo

    Borgholio Guest

    Adding a high-gain antenna would make the detector even more sensitive.

    Borgholio, Jul 6, 2004
  7. The first version of the Kensington was a piece of junk. Mine died
    after a short time and the "life time warranty" was appearantly the
    "lifetime" of the device not the purchaser. I have not replaced it.
    There are some clever sounding approaches available.

    Antenna Erector, Aug 31, 2005
  8. Paul DeVivo

    Ted Guest

    Ted, Aug 31, 2005